Friday, June 08, 2007

Boo-Yah!!

26 miles baby. Not a marathon (I've done a few of those) but 26 miles is the distance of my new commute according to my Garmin and my cycling computer.
Hauled the trailer home yesterday evening for this weekends camping trip and worked everything out so that I didn't need my truck today. I ended up sleeping in, but that wasn't going to stop me. Nor was the rain coming down. Up, brush the teeth and ride! What a great ride it was. I went the first 8 miles without seeing single vehicle! I'm really digging this small town, middle of nowhere living. Hills were tougher than I thought they would be, but then again, I haven't done any real riding for over two weeks. I'm working out the logistics (leaving clothes at work, toiletries and schedule etc...) on how i can do this at least 3 days a week, if not daily. A 26 mile commute is so much better than a 3 mile one.
I stopped to take some pics of some deer, but just as I was fumbling my camera out of my bag, off they jumped. Oh well. I think I'm going to look into a handle bar bag so I can have better access to the snap shooter.

Cheers.

No comments: