Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doug was Right

I received an email from Katie again. Turns out, it was indeed advertising! Here is the communication from Katie:

Hi Jerome,

Thanks so much for posting the video of the kid on his BMX (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHSLB_0KcDE). As promised, we wanted to let you know what this is for. Last Thursday, Gatorade launched the English version of this commercial. The messaging is focused on the power of superior hydration.

Again, thank you for posting this video to your blog. You and your community were able to get a sneak peek at the commercial before it aired nationally.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We hope to provide you with more “sneak peeks” in the future.


Best,Katie (last name protected by me)

So I did some free advertising. Do I care? No. Would I do it again? Yes. I don't own a television, but I do love great commercials. They make TV interesting. This is a great commercial. Will it make me buy more Gatorade, not bloody likely. I' don't drink the stuff. But, this is a cool video.

Katie, if you send me more, I'll more than likely get them up for you! Raise a glass of Gatorade and Cheers with me!

No comments: