Friday, August 08, 2008

My ride home is consistently faster than the ride to work. Constantly 20 minutes to ½ hour. It’ kind of nice just because at the end of the work day is when my time is the most limited. I can get up as early as I want to and lallygag on the way to work if I wanted. I don’t’ but I could. After work though, time ticks away. The boys have their bed time, my wife and daughter like to get to sleep at the same time every evening, so I want to make sure I don’t waste those precious evening hours to spend with my family. It works out great that I get home in less time than it takes to get to work. It seems to make bike commuting fit into my life easier. Add to that the fact that it’s generally much much hotter during the late afternoon hours when I ride home, it’s nice to have the lay of the land working in your favor. Love bike commuting. Cheers.

Lose the shirt, get some tan, add it on top of the seat cushion

This set up is working quite nice for comuting while packing light

2 comments:

LvilleTex said...

It's the opposite for me. I'm locked into a 7.25 arrival and be dressed time, so my commute definitely stretches in the the afternoon. Granted, on a perfect day I'm leaving work at 2.45. Getting the tan idea is pretty clever on the 'bent.

Jerome said...

Hey Tex, leaving 2:45 sounds like a perfect day at work for sure! Cheers.