Monday, January 05, 2009

Back in touch.....for a short while

I've been without Internet for over 6 days! 6 days! Wow a lot happens in that time. My google reader is at 265 unread posts, I've got face book messages and emails to plug through, and I've got a bunch of blog posts I've been doing on One Note while I was gone that I need to get up here. Unfortunately, I've also got a whack of work to catch up on and get ahead of before my Florida vacation. So, I don't think I'll get too much on here for another while.


Quick recap on Fernie: The snow was incredible! They received over a foot while I was skiing, and finding 2-3 feet of powder was possible on every single run! I hadn't been skiing for 14 years (snow boarding was last done about 7 years ago) and by noon I was right back into the swing of things. I was finally skiing noting but the black diamonds and a few double black diamonds thrown in for fun. Had some really good wipe outs, nothing painful, but just while on slope so steep that when you fell, you were air born for about 10 feet before landing in the powder and sliding for another 50ft, all while creating small avalanches.

My wife was sick, and they boys were playing with Grandpa in the pool, so I was skiing solo for the day. Lift lines were empty, temperature was -5C, and beautiful snow. For my first day back on the skis, I don't think I could have picked a better one.

The rest of the time, we sat around, went swimming several times each day, watched TV and basically just hung out in the snowed in condo. What a great several days!

No comments: