Monday, June 08, 2009

Ah it feels good....

....to be back commuting by bike.

We moved into our new home last Friday. I was in Philadelphia for business earlier in the week, and lost several days for working on finishing up the bathroom.

With moving all this past weekend, I'll be taking some day off work later this week to get the other house ready for renters.

But, I've got my fixie at my new house (none of the other bikes have made their way there yet) and she's rolling nicely to work now. At a casual pace, I can make it in six and a half minutes. Feels good to get to a lifestyle less reliant on cars.

Speaking of cars, the Marlin is being picked up tonight by a Gent from Saskatchewan, and the cavalier will be sold a little later on in the week. Much going on, but it's for the better.

Ride yer bike! I'll be riding mine.

1 comment:

Smudgemo said...

I still say you won't miss the Marlin. Maybe once in awhile, but then you don't have to worry about watching it rot from no use. They die faster when they aren't driven.