Monday, January 11, 2010

The driest part of the commute


Snow does,nt remain snow when temps are 10C (50F). It turns to water. Lots and lots of water. The planet bike cascaidas do a great job of protecting me from that former snow.
I'm having to take the whole lane was I enter the industrial park in this little town of ours. There are simply two wheel ruts, and the rest is sloppy coated ice. Nice and brown. It's okay though, with only water on the pavement in the wheel ruts at least I can sustain a decent clip and keep the motorheads from getting too ticked at me. Besides, if the motorheads are sick of being behind me......blame the town. It's their roadway and it's their job to clear it. I even pay them handsomely to do so. Strathmore is becoming notorious for not clearing roadways when it snows. At least that makes me not feel so bad about holding up traffic.

No comments: