Monday, December 27, 2010

Another home video

I've got this thing lately for taking video with my DSLR. For my photography, my main camera is the Canon 5D Mk2. This a great camera for stills, but it also shoots full HD video. Pair that up with some fast lenses (large aperture - shallow depth of field) and you get a look that is quite cinematic. I shot this with a 50mm f1.2 lens. This allows shooting in low light, and also give a very shallow depth of field. It allows you to have a very tight focus range, and blur out the background and foreground. It can be a bit tricky to use, but the results are so much better than using a typical 'camcorder'.

I'm on a real kick for making these little home videos now. It's a nice way to preserve memories. Enjoy.

Dinner at Japanese Village from Jeremy Goertz on Vimeo.

1 comment:

coastkid said...

Thats a great wee film and amazing quality!,Thanks for sharing!