Saturday, March 26, 2011

First bike ride since my elbow fracture

Today was planned to be a busy day. Mostly cleaning up our rental house in Rockyford in preparation for new tenants moving in this coming week. Seeing as most of the day would be spent cleaning, fixing and doing tasks that generally are not that exciting, I figured I'd better get out for a nice early morning ride. Have something like this to go on can make the day much better.

This was the first time I'd tried riding since my little incident on the snowmobile. Oddly, I ended up having quite a bit of wrist pain after the ride, while my elbow was fine. Not enough to worry about though. With a mild(er) temp of -4C (25F) I'm really looking forward to spring coming on. Fought a strong headwind on the way back, but that just adds to workout. A great hour and a bit of snow-gravel goodness.

Right before taking this last shot, the large sheet of ice I was standing on broke free. Mad scramble, but just managed to get off without dipping my feet. That would have made for a miserable ride back home. I guess I need to be more mindful of these things this time of year.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Snow-gravel goodness. Love that!

Apertome said...

Beautiful shots -- I'm glad you got out!

Pondero said...

Good to see you out on the bike again. Also good to see that the weather is...uh...milder. Yeah, it looks like spring is just around the corner. Hoping it arrives soon...