Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012

As is tradition for the last several years, we welcomed the new year in at the condo in Fernie. I love it here. The more I'm here, the more I love it. Temping to make our time here permanent....

We hauled up our cross country skis, but there is very little snow here. Last year at this time, there was several feet on the ground. This year, barely several inches. Oh well. We're turning it into a weekend of lounging, just like the last time we came up here. 

Good food, coffee, reading, drawing and hanging with the family. A great way to bring in the new year. 

And on the subject of coffee, there's something that I meant to blog about last year but never got around to doing. I've been roasting my own coffee for almost a year now. If you've never had fresh roasted (and by fresh I mean within a few days) roasted coffee, you're seriously missing out. I've gotten my system down, my roaster figured out, and I'm not too humble to say that I roast some darn good coffee. I'll get working on a detailed post to share with you this year. 

Here's a batch I roasted two weeks ago:



Here's to a great start to a new year!



1 comment:

Pondero said...

Bring on the coffee roasting post! and happy 2012 to you and the family!