Saturday, August 10, 2013

A fly-fishing, mountain-biking mini adventure

Life can be mighty fine in Fernie. The access to amazing trails and rivers. It's almost too easy to get out on little adventures. Ride out of our condo, and boom. Living it up and loving it. We didn't catch any fish which is typical for us as we're new fly-fishermen, but we did have fun. Got a sunburn, wet feet and we smelled of river when we returned home. I'd say it was a good day.

Rode some gorgeous single track looking for a spot to whip our lines.

 With all the flooding, there was quite a bit of debris long the trail and a few sections were washed into the Elk river completely.

 Waded through some slower water to get to the bank we wanted to fish.
 portaging with bicycles...
 While the boy's technique isn't perfect yet, they're getting closer. Important thing, they've got the patience for it. 
 Some rad Albertan with this Ferrari 308 GTB enjoying the mountain roads on a beautiful day. 

This is the way I want to live my life. Feels good.

1 comment:

Pondero said...

I see you are riding one of those fancy suspension bikes now. After riding some local trails, I can see how one could walk less with something like that. Have a good time with it.

For me it would probably just help me get over confident and in trouble, but I know you have some riding skills.