Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Brendan's Bike Part 1

I grabbed a bunch of bikes from the recycle yard a week or two ago and one of the gents that works here walks to work regularly. An Idea popped into my head "Would Brenden want a bike?". I asked him and him and he told me that he had been thinking of buying one for quite a while but just haven't yet.


So long story short, I stripped down a Kuahara, which was actually in great shape with some pretty decent components on it. As you can see in the picture, some how the right side of the bottom bracket cracked, leaving the threads still in the frame. Brendan's going to try yanking that out, and if it works, he brought his sand blaster in to work to day and will start ridding the paint and send it out for powder coat.


I'm pretty stoked that he's so cranked about riding his bike to work. Also, he's going to school (SAIT) in a few weeks and staying with some family in Calgary 8 blocks from SAIT. I can't think of a better way to get around for those 2 months he's in school.


Another one of the gents that works here is an incredible artist, and we're hoping that he might be able to pinstripe or tribalize this thing once the paint is done. This could end up being a sweet little ride, and a great project.


Will keep you posted.


Jerome

No comments: