Thursday, March 15, 2007

When you can't ride your bike

What a shame that is. Sometimes, it just doesn't work to ride your bike to work. Today is a great day with some fresh snow, but I've got to make the 45 minuted drive to the airport after lunch and obviously riding my bike just isn't feasible today.

What's more is that I've been out of town Monday, Tuesday and then Wednesday we had our monthly "management" meeting that seems to go better without helmet head and sloppy pants. Now, I'll be in Oakland CA for Thursday and Friday, and that makes for a whole week of not riding to work! Stinks!

What can one do to ease the pain of not getting to enjoy one of your favorite hobbies? Take pictures of the bike path that one normally rides to work on from ones truck? Nope, doesn't work.


Here are the pics anyway. As you see, this would be a great day for a ride. I guess the only good thing to glean from this situation is that not being able to ride a bike when you really want too, fuels the passion even more.

On a better note, I checked out the recycle yard bike rack after lunch yesterday, and to my utter surprise was a Bianchi 58cm road bike. I haven't even gone into what model it is yet, but it is a nice cro-mo frame with decent aluminum 700c wheels. I can't wait to have a chance to dig into this bike a bit and find out what it's all about. I think it's a touring model, as I've notice a whole bunch if different braze-ons for all kind of rack mounting points. I've always wanted a Bianchi, and this one might just be big enough for me, so we'll see.

For those of you who are riding your bikes to work today, enjoy it! I'll be going up with you next week when I'll actually be home for a few days!





Jerome

No comments: