Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Geese

Here is a picture of some geese on my way back from lunch. It’s so nice to have scenes like this still a part of the urban landscape that sprawls out without control. Not that I’m a fan of urban landscape and Strathmore with its 10,000 people is hardly an urban landscape. I do know that pictures like this can be taken downtown Calgary and it’s nice to be able to do. When I took this picture, it was so bright outside that I couldn't even see the birds in my little tiny screen. I pointed in their direction and hoped for the best. Turned out okay.
I was right about the traction at noon. The roads were slop and those that weren’t were hard packed snow. Ye ole Schwalbe snow stud tires are ideal for these conditions. Fenders are a must and I was surprised at how clean my pants stayed. Again, one of those rides that puts a smile on your face and you feel so sorry for the poor schmucks stuck in their cars. Oh well, it could be worse. I could be me stuck in the car and not enjoying the ride to and from work.
Jerome

No comments: