Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Where's the Pugs?

Today I wish I had a Pugsley. At least for this morning’s commute. I’m sure that by the time I head home for lunch, I’ll be glad I’ve got my studded tires, but this morning would have been great on a Pugsley.
We’ve gotten about 3 inches of snow in the past 24hrs and much of it has drifted. I am glad though that it is snowing. I’ll be a little sad when there is no more snow riding for the season. I don’t know why I like it so much, but I think that most people who do it, really enjoy it. There something different about it. You feel more like a kid when you’re riding in the snow, maybe because most adults would thinks it’s crazy.
Anyway, a great ride in this morning. -8C and not too much wind. I ended up stopping half way to work to loose some of the air in my tires, as the soft ruts in the snow were having their way with me. Once I had my tire foot print a little bigger and softer, things seemed to settle down quite nicely.
Today was actually a day that I had to ride my bike! I lent my truck to a friend who is picking up a wheel chair lift for his wife in Saskatoon, and my wife and our boys need the mini van. This is probably the first time that I’ve actually had to ride my bike, and I can’t say it feels any different. I didn’t have a vehicle to drive to work, and yet the first time it crossed my mind was after I was at work. I think I’m starting to live like I have wanted to. I think my mind set is getting to a good place, and on top of all that, it’s so stinken fun!!

Love your bike!!

No comments: