Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Too big for the bike

Well, I’m beginning to wonder if I’m going to forget how to ride my bike. For the past several weeks, I’ve seemed to find something or other that I need my truck to haul it around. Everything from trees, to a monsterly huge and heavy fridge, a stove, a dishwasher and lately some oak hardwood that I’ll be installing. I scored a wack of unfinished hardwood from some in-laws that were moving and they said if I was willing to pick it up, it was mine. Can’t pass up free hardwood! This is half of it.
I’ll be picking up the rest of it tonight after work. I’m actually starting yet another blog, about the renovation that I am doing to my new (to me) home. We’re ripping out walls, gutting the kitchen, and all new flooring through out. I’ve got myself a busy summer ahead of me.
I wonder if I could get any more crap in my little garage?

Tomorrow ride my bike? Nope, I’ve got to pick up our camping trailer to get it ready for this weekends camping trip. Next week, I better be able to try out my new 24 mile commute. I think my legs might be a bit soft from not riding much the past 2 weeks. I have notice that I am fantastically grumpier when I arrive at work when it’s not on a bike. Yesterday at coffee, 2 of the guys that are riding to work were outside practicing wheelies. Me, I drove my truck to Tim Horton’s! It’s killing me this not riding! I can’t take it much longer. I’m trying to decide which bike to leave here at work so that at least if I need my truck, I can ride for lunch somewhere or for a coffee. That would definitely be better than nothing.

4 comments:

Smudgemo said...

I used to do lunch rides all the time when I worked in Pleasanton, but I just took my bike with me each day. You should give it a go and see if you can put together lunch group rides. Just make it a noon (or whatever time) start always in the same location that is fairly easy to get to for people working in other companies. If you head in a certain direction on certain days, people that are late can chase on even if they can't see you. We had some rockin' good rides.

Check out the link on my blog to my brother's home remodel blog. He's not a pro, but he's pretty good at it. I'm going to check yours out because I find that kind of stuff really interesting.

Jerome said...

Hey Smudge,

Great idea on the lunch rides. There are now 5 other than me riding to work regularly so we could start a bike gang and take over the town! Might be fun.

I did check out the link to Jeff's house reno and I actaully have it in the links section of my reno blog. I just thought I should put his in there and as many other reno blogs as I can find. So far, he's the only one. I'll get some stuff posted up on mine shortly. Cheers my man.

Smudgemo said...

That's a different Jeff. My brother is up der in Wisconsin hey, just outside of Milwaukee. That's where we're from. Got the beer thing figured out now?

He's got his blog in some home improvement group you should check out. It's really interesting and informative to see what others are doing. Just like bikes and beers, I guess.

Smudgemo said...

Sorry, I didn't read that closely. I thought you meant Jeff from Reno, not Jeff's renovation.