Monday, April 14, 2008

Bianchi For Sale??

Okay, I'm not going to lie, this was actually my first real ride of the year. Terrible isn't it? Sure I'm on my bike very often, but for the last several months, it's been short trips here and there. I checked the weather last night and the low was only to be plus 6! I figured with temps like that, there is no excuse for not riding. I woke up and it was 0. Close enough. I loaded up the Bianchi, slapped on the B-17 and off went...

I'm not sure what it is about this bike, maybe I should try again once I get back into shape, but I can't seem to move with any amount of speed on this rid. It's not a racing bike and I don't expect that of it. But, it took me 2 hours to get to work this morning!! 26 miles, 2 hrs. That's slow! I started thinking about his bike and where I was positioned on the bike, what my legs were doing and I think this bike is just too small for me. Last year I ordered a Nitto long reach stem, putting myself in a more upright rando style of riding. I thought this bike could be the perfect diamond frame commuter. When I am sitting on the bike, my head is right over the headset and that's without leaning forward at all. The seat post is jacked as high as I can safely go and I've come to the conclusion that this bike is just too small! It just doesn't feel right, no matter what I do to it. My other diamond frames I can get set up so they feel right in a matter of several miles, not the B.
I hate to think that and I think it's taken me so long to finally admit it because the idea of a nice touring/commuting Bianchi was an idea that I just loved. Too bad so sad, reality rules.

Having said all that, it was a great commute. Always is. Lovely watching the sun rise, birds sing, deer running across the road. The season is upon us!!! I'm going to eat it up.
Cheers.

No comments: