Thursday, March 05, 2009

Freak out

The drive to work this morning was brutal! I've never driven in such poor visibility in my life. Almost wondering if I risked it getting to work. Snow and gusting winds up to 60 mph. There were two times, about 10 seconds each, when I couldn't even see the front of my car. I cracked the door open to try and see where the yellow line was. No dice. I've never felt so odd. Driving (only 30 kph) and not being able to see anything but white. Is there a car stopped in front of me? Don't know. Some rig-pig in his jacked up 4X4 sailing up behind me? Don't know. I was glad to learn that the answer to both of those questions was no.

The picture below shows the average visibility I had, probably about 20ft. It was like this about 95% of the 45 minute drive. (I probably shouldn't have been going 80kph.) This was the best visibility of the trip. At least the car was warm, and the music loud! Eat that winter.

No comments: