Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The farthest South I've ever been

Cycling posts will be non-existent for a while longer. I’m currently in Santiago Chile on business, and it is a busy, busy trip. I’m being rushed from meeting to meeting, squeezing in email correspondence, visiting new people in new offices and the hectic crazy schedule that makes up business travel.

In spite of all of that, I am actually soaking up the Chilean culture as much as I can. I’ve learned that in Chilean culture, people are very important. We stopped off at one office, just go walk through the place, and literally be introduced to every single person in the office and shake their hands. Took about 20 minutes going from person to person. Will I ever actually work with any of them on this upcoming project, or will I ever even meet any of them again. I don’t know, but it was important that I am introduced. That to me is a very interesting culture. People are very important here. I like that.

Anyway, I hope to have a chance to just walk around the city with my camera, but we’ll see. Lots of bikes here, and the city has a very European flair to it, and I would love to capture some of that on film (or memory cards). Thank goodness for Google reader though. I can still get my cycling fix, even way down here.

Peace.

No comments: