Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LHT Exploring photo dump

Just thought I'd drop a few pictures from some recent exploring I did around my house last weekend. I figured there had to be some decent riding around the canals (other than what's directly behind my house) and all I had to do was go out and find it. I didn't have much more than an hour, so I'm not sure of the extent of the riding, but for fast training rides and such, there is plenty of nice gravel and double track.

My Surly constrictor clamp on my Karate Monkey snapped, so I rode the Trucker. I would rather have had the KM, but the trucker was capable indeed. I just don't like riding as hard on the LHT, because I don't want to destroy my Schmidt E6 or any of the racks. A single speed 29er is far more resilient when crashing. I just tried hard not to crash.

This is where my ride started. It's a 5 minute bike ride from my house.
Nice sweeping gravel corners
Cattle to the left
LHT 10' above the water
Heading toward the golf course
Obligatory panda shot
I think this is the widest bike path in the world. It has to double as emergency vehicle access to the back part of the golf course, hence the width. It's a great place to ride with kids when they're learning.

No comments: