Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall riding with the Family

This post is about a week late. But who cares.

Last weekend, with the fading nice weather, we figured it'd be wise to make the best of it. After church, the younger kidlets had a nap, and my oldest son and I headed out on the Karate Monkey. We brought a sling shot with us. At 6, it's time he learned such skills. A few hours, a few miles and just the two of us. It was awesome.

After we got home, everyone was up, and we hitched the trailer to my wife's Kona, and the 5 of us headed out for a ramble with no destination in mind. Just hit up some gravel, some canal path and enjoy being together. At the turn around point, we stopped, had a picnic of Oreos, and did some more sling shot shooting. Getting out, enjoying being together and having fun. This my friends is the awesomeness that is family. Love it.







2 comments:

Apertome said...

Looks like a blast!

Pondero said...

Weighty stuff.

My solo rides serve a purpose, and my rides with friends are enjoyable, but the value of the family ride is priceless.

Thanks for showing the way.