Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Slush!

Winter seems to be making another stab at us and not having too much success. It was snowing all day yesterday with the temperature hovering around the freezing mark. Just enough to make slop. Everywhere. Not a bad thing though. One of my co-workers said to me, “I can’t believe you’re riding in this weather.” I just told her that I bet I have more fun riding in the slush than she does driving in it. She agreed.

I was temped to change out the studded tires on my commuter bike over the weekend, but they were kind of nice to have yesterday. The full coverage fenders are truly appreciated on days like yesterday. I was quite surprised, but yesterday was one of those days when your enjoy the ride more than others. I don’t know why. It was “wet and miserable” but somehow the whole time I was riding, I was so glad to be out on my bike. I’m grateful for being able to do it. Some people can’t. Some just don’t. I do and I dig it.

I'd feel bad for a derailer on a day like today.




Ride yer bike!

No comments: