Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bike Pooling

Well this morning, I met up with Tyler, one of my co-workers who lives on a farm 1/2 way between R-ford and S dot, and we rode in together. I don't know the distance that we rode together, but I'd say about 14 miles or so. He was on his old specialized rock-hopper and I on my Allez. Being as he hadn't ridden for the last few months, and the fact that my bike is just plain faster, I ended up having a nice relaxing ride. This is the first time in about 7 years I've ever done a ride (not like the cruising my wife and I do with our boys) with another rider in about 7 years. It's a little different for sure, and you kind of forget that drafting is actually a real concept.

I snapped a few pictures during the ride as he kept riding and I would just catch up him. When I ride on my own, I'm always trying to go fast. Not super fast, but I certainly don't ever coast. It was kind of fun to do that today. It's amazing how even when you're lolly-gagging, you end up getting to your destination. Even if it took 2hrs, 10 mins, it was fun.

I also ended up taking a different route in order to swing by his house, and the hills that way are much worse. It is nice though to have a change of scenery.

Here a few pics from the ride. I should have taken a pic of each of us actually riding being as I actually had someone else to do that today, but oh well.



No comments: